Pinoy Driver

How to get an MTOP (Motorized Tricycle Operator’s Permit)


MTOP (Motorized Tricycle Operator’s Permit) is a necessary document for one to be qualified to use and operate a motorized tricycle for any livelihood purposes. Whether for a local delivery or transportation business. If you’re planning to use a motorized or electric tricycle for business or livelihood then you need to get a MTOP first and foremost. MTOP has a validity of three (3) years and local application fees vary for different cities and towns here in the Philippines.

QUALIFICATIONS you need to apply for a MTOP (Motorized Tricycle Operator’s Permit)

  1. Must be a Filipino citizens
  2. Partnership or corporation whose capitalization is sixty percent (60%) Filipino owned


MTOP Requirements:

  1. Community tax certificate
  2. Certificate of registration from LTO (original and photocopy)
  3. Proof of purchase or official receipt of purchased tricycle unit (original and photocopy)
  4. Barangay clearance that indicates residency
  5. Certificate or letter of reference from TODA
    Photocopy copy of driver’s licence
  6. Two (2) copies of 2×2 colored ID picture


Where to Apply?

MTOP application can be conducted at any Franchising and Regulatory Board office nearest your local town or city.


STEPS and PROCEDURES in order to get a MTOP

  1. Go to local Franchising and Regulatory Board office nearest you and present the list of requirements
  2. Present the motorized or electric tricycle unit to Traffic Management Group (TMG) at local municipal or city hall
  3. Proceed to Franchising section of Business Permit and License office and present all the required documents
  4. Wait for all your fees and charges to be assessed
  5. Go to the License division of the Treasurer’s office and pay all required fees
  6. Claim your MTOP and sticker


Fees and Charges:

Fees and chargesAmount in Php
MTOP filing fee₱50.00
Inspection fee₱20.00
Permit fee₱75.00
Franchise fee (paid once every 3 years)₱300.00
Fare adjustment fee₱50.00
Regulatory fee (paid annually)₱100.00
Provisional permit fee (paid every 3 months)₱75.00


Take note that these charges vary in other Municipalities, so to verify the exact fees and charges you may need to got to or phone the nearest local Municipal Hall where Franchising Regulatory Board usually is located.




Carlos is a digital marketing and lead generation expert who has helped advocate driver education websites since 2012.

Tagged with:
Posted in Advice, Driver's license requirements, Motorbike

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This